This policy describes how we collect, use, share, and secure personal information within The Boiler Guys site. This policy is part of our commitment to ensure that all Personal Information of individuals in our possession and under our control is protected and used in accordance with the law, and outlines how Personal Information is collected, used, stored and disclosed by the Corporation.
The Information We Process
The Boiler Guys Inc processes both personal and non-personal information from you. The Personal Information is collected and received in most cases in connection with products and services provided by the The Boiler Guys Inc. and during the relationship of our customers’ accounts with us. We collect this information to creating an account, managing and terminating business relations with you; monitoring the products and services we provide to you; reviewing information we obtain from you; protecting us from fraud or damaged to our products and property; Enabling us to comply with applicable law or regulatory requirements; and
Personal Information means a data element or combination of data elements that can be used to directly or indirectly identify you.
For our employees: The Boiler Guys Inc may collect the following Personal Information: Employee number, name, address, phone number, email, Social Insurance Number, SIN expiry, birth date, gender, marital status, dependents, direct deposit information, tax forms and pay statements, and year-end performance reviews.
Visitors to our website – Non-Personal Information: means information that does not directly or indirectly identify you, including Personal Information that has been de-identified or anonymized. The Boiler Guys Inc may collect the following Non-Personal Information: IP address, session ID, log in events, and preferred language.
This policy describes how The Boiler Guys Inc handles information.
2. How We Use Personal Information
We use Personal Information collected from you for the following purposes: to deliver services to you or to personalize your experience or to improve the customer service experience, to improve the product or design new products or services, to detect and correct errors and bugs, to process transactions, and for security purposes. The Boiler Guys Inc does not sell or lend your information to any third party marketing group.
3. How We Share Personal Information
We may share Personal Information with third parties in certain circumstances, including in the following situations:
- Business Transition: In the event that we, or any portion of our assets, are acquired, we may share all types of Personal Information with the acquiring company.
- Law Enforcement: We may report to law enforcement agencies any activities that we reasonably believe to be unlawful, or that we reasonably believe may aid a law enforcement investigation into unlawful activity. In addition, we reserve the right to release Personal Information to law enforcement agencies if we determine, in our sole judgment, that either you have violated our policies, or the release of your Personal Information may protect the rights, property, or safety of The Boiler Guys or another person.
- Legal Process: We may share Personal Information with others as required by, or permitted by, law. This may include sharing Personal Information with governmental entities, or third parties in response to subpoenas, court orders, other legal process, or as we believe is necessary to exercise our legal rights, to defend against legal claims that have been brought against us, or to defend against possible legal claims that we determine in our sole discretion might be brought against us.
- Service Providers: We may share Personal Information with companies or individuals that provide us with services such as manufacturers relating to your product purchased. These services may include, among other things, providing products or services to you, creating or maintaining our databases, researching and analyzing the usage and performance of the application, preparing and distributing communications, responding to inquiries, or as part of our processes;
- Our application uses Google Analytics https://www.google.com/analytics to collect and analyze data regarding the application usage and user behavior. We are collecting this information via Google Analytics for the sole purpose of helping us understand how users interact with our application and their features, in order to improve them. We do not send Google Analytics or receive from Google Analytics any personal details, other than your language, country and city. You may opt out of this service at any time. Opting out will not impact your use of the application. The Boiler Guys Inc will not know you know if you have opted out of this service.
To opt-out of Google Analytics, click here
The Boiler Guys Inc retains Personal Information only as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes disclosed above or as legally required and thereafter appropriately disposes of such information.
4. Access and Quality
The Boiler Guys Inc relies on its administrators and employees that utilize the database to supply The Boiler Guys Inc with accurate, complete and up-to-date information that is relevant to The Boiler Guys Inc delivery of the services. Please review your records on a regular basis and make the appropriate updates.
Unless The Boiler Guys Inc is permitted or required by law to prohibit administrator access. Where applicable, you may contact The Boiler Guys Inc in the manner set out in the Enforcement: section of this policy. We will respond to your request within the time limit set out by the applicable privacy legislation and, if applicable, will provide you with an estimate of the cost to you associated with administering and responding to your request.
We have the right to not comply with your request to provide you with access to your Personal Information for the following reasons: if doing so could reveal information about a third party; if the third party resides in Province of Quebec, if the information relates to a suspected breach of an agreement or applicable law or solicitor client privilege. The Boiler Guys Inc will inform you of the reasons why access has been denied.
5. How we Secure Information
We take reasonable and appropriate measures to help keep information secure, and to help prevent it from becoming disclosed to individuals who are not described in this policy. Even so, no security system is perfect and we cannot promise, and you should not expect, that your information will remain secure in all circumstances.
Individuals may raise concerns or complaints regarding their Personal Information with The Boiler Guys Inc by submitting a written request via email to: [email protected] or by mailing the written request to our office at The Boiler Guys Inc 83 Galaxy Blvd, Unit 27, Etobicoke, ON M9W 5X6. If an individual files a complaint, The Boiler Guys Inc will investigate the matter or suspected failures to comply with this policy or The Boiler Guys Inc Privacy Principles. The Boiler Guys Inc will take all appropriate action to remedy any such issues. If the matter cannot be settled, The Boiler Guys Inc agrees to cooperate with the dispute resolution system with our Privacy Officer at 83 Galaxy Blvd, Unit 27, Etobicoke, ON M9W 5X6.
7. Changes to this Policy
Canadians are protected by two federal privacy laws, the Privacy Act and the Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act (PIPEDA). PIPEDA is based on the Canadian Standards Association’s Model Code for the Protection of Personal Information, which is incorporated into the legislation. Organizations in Quebec are subject to the Quebec private sector privacy law. Oversight of the law is in the hands of the Commission d’accès à l’information.
Effective Date: October 1, 2017
This policy replaces and supersedes all other prior policies regarding the same or similar subject matter, as of the Policy Version Effective Date set forth below. The Boiler Guys Inc reserves the right to alter, amend or discontinue this policy at any time without notice.
Policy Version Effective Date: 2017/10/1