1. Scope of Terms and Conditions. The Terms and Conditions of product sales and service projects are limited to those contained herein. Any additional or different terms or conditions in any form delivered by you (“Customer”) are hereby deemed to be material alterations and notice of objection to them and rejection of them is hereby given. By accepting delivery of the products or by engaging The Boiler Guys Inc.(“Seller”) to provide product(s) or perform or produce any services, Customer agrees to be bound by and accepts these Terms and Conditions unless Customer and Seller have signed a separate agreement, in which case the separate agreement will govern. These Terms and Conditions constitute a binding contract between Customer and Seller and are referred to herein as either “Terms and Conditions” or this “Agreement.” Customer accepts these Terms and Conditions by making a purchase from or placing an order with Seller or engaging Seller to perform or procure any services. These Terms and Conditions are subject to change without prior notice, except that the Terms and Conditions posted on Seller’s Site at the time Customer signs the Installation Proposal will govern, unless otherwise agreed in writing by Seller and Customer.
2. Payment Terms and Cancellation. Customer shall pay Seller according to the terms contained in the Installation Proposal/Estimate. Installments made thereafter and Final payment shall be due after the work described in the Installation Proposal is substantially completed. Prices on accepted orders are firm for a period of 90 days from date of acceptance. All stated prices are exclusive of any taxes, fees, duties, and levies, however designated or imposed, including but not limited to value-added and withholding taxes that are levied or based upon the amounts paid under this Agreement (collectively, “Taxes”). Any Taxes related to the Products purchased pursuant to this Agreement are the responsibility of Buyer (excluding taxes based on Seller’s net income), unless Buyer presents an exemption certificate acceptable to Seller and the applicable taxing authorities. If possible, Seller will bill Taxes as a separate item on the invoice presented to Customer. If any exemption certificate presented by Customer is held to be invalid, then Customer will pay Seller the amount of the Tax and any penalties and interest related thereto.
In addition to all other remedies available to Seller (which Seller does not waive by the exercise of any rights hereunder), Seller may suspend the delivery of any Products if Customer fails to pay any amounts when due and the failure continues for five (5) days following Customer’s receipt of notice thereof. Customer may not withhold payment of any amounts due and payable as a set-off of any claim or dispute with Seller, regardless of whether relating to Seller’s breach, bankruptcy, or otherwise.
Cancellation or modifications of all or part of any order are subject to Seller’s prior written consent in each instance. If cancellation or modification is allowed, Customer agrees to pay to Seller all expenses incurred and damage sustained by Seller on account of the cancellation or modification, plus a reasonable profit and restocking fees. Customer agrees that some material already purchased by Seller is non refundable.
3. Zoning and Permits. Customer agrees to timely furnish all information necessary to secure plans and permits for the work called for under this Agreement, and Customer warrants the work contracted for to be in compliance with applicable zoning, classification and building codes. Any costs for work not in the Estimate but required by lawful authorities to bring the work into compliance with applicable code shall be the responsibility of the Customer. Seller assumes no responsibility for violation of zoning rules/laws.
4. Change Orders. During the progress of the work under this Agreement, if Customer should order extra work not specified in the Agreement, Seller may require such extra work to be considered an agreement separate and aside from this Agreement and may require payment for said extra work in advance.
5. Work Schedule. Work shall be completed within a reasonable time. The Seller takes no responsibility for Customer delays, rescheduling or unforeseen circumstances due to their project. Performance of this Agreement is subject to labor strikes, fires, acts of war or terrorism, acts of God, adverse weather conditions not reasonably anticipated, unusual delays in transportation, Seller’s ability to obtain materials, and/or any cause beyond Seller’s control.
6. Substitutions. Should Seller be unable to obtain any material(s) specified in the Agreement or any Change Order, Seller shall have the right at its sole discretion to substitute comparable materials and such substitution shall not affect the Contract Price.
7. Excess Materials. Extra materials left over upon completion shall be deemed Seller’s property, and Seller may enter upon the Property’s premises to remove excess material(s) at all reasonable hours.
8. Supervision Responsibility. Seller shall supervise and direct the work at Customer’s Property, using reasonable skill and attention. Seller shall be solely responsible for the construction means, methods, technique, sequences, and procedures for all work performed at Customer’s Property pursuant to this Agreement. Customer shall not interfere with Seller’s work forces or Seller’s subcontractors.
9. Limited Warranty. Seller shall provide Customer with a limited warranty on service and labor for the duration set forth in the Installation Agreement, beginning on the date of completion of services against defects in the quality of workmanship and/or materials (“Warranty Period”). The warranty period is 30 day installation of Seller installation only. Seller assumes no responsibility for the installation outside the scope of the work of the Estimate agreed upon with the Customer. Should the customer request a service within the 30 day period that is not affiliated with the installation, the Seller has a right to charge a service call to the Customer.
Seller shall not be liable during or following the Warranty Period for any: (a) damage due to ordinary wear and tear or abusive use; (b) damage due to use of the equipment beyond the design temperatures; (c) defects that are the result of characteristics common to the materials used; (d) loss, injury or damages caused in any way by the weather elements; (e) conditions resulting from condensation on, or expansion or contraction or, any materials; (f) any water leak, blockage, freezing, or other malfunction of condensate or drain lines; and/or (g) air leaks arising from structural deficiencies within existing piping, pumps or radiator lines. Seller shall not be liable for warranty repairs during the Warranty Period in the absence of such yearly service agreement(s). Seller makes no warranty to Customer regarding materials and/or equipment installed (other than a warranty of title), and Seller authorizes no third person or party to assume any warranty obligation or liability on Seller’s behalf. The only warranties applicable to the materials and/or equipment installed are those, if any, extended by the respective manufacturer that shall furnish to Customer any and all applicable warranty documents. Seller hereby assigns to Customer, without recourse, any applicable warranties extended to Seller. Such assignment shall constitute Seller’s sole obligation and Customer’s sole exclusive remedy from Seller with regard to defective materials and/or equipment installed. This limited warranty is in lieu of all other warranties, statutory or otherwise, express or implied, all representations made by Seller, and all other obligations or liabilities respective of the Services provided at the Property. Seller disclaims all other warranties, express or implied, including without limitation any implied warranty of workmanlike construction, implied warranty of habitability, implied warranty of fitness for a particular purpose or use, and/or implied warranty of merchantability. Under no circumstances shall Seller be liable to Customer for loss of time, loss of use, inconvenience, or any other incidental or consequential damages that may arise from this Agreement. Unauthorized repairs or attempted repairs shall void this warranty entirely.
Seller is not responsible for any problems incurred due to incorrect information provided by Customer at the time of consultation and load calculation. If Customer does not authorize Seller to conduct its own testing to determine load calculations, all insulation values, Seller shall size the new HVAC system based on the size of the existing HVAC system. In such case, Seller shall not be responsible for problems caused by over sizing (including without limitation short cycling, humidity control, and mold growth.
10. Performance or Condition of Existing Equipment. Seller is not responsible for the performance, functionality, or compatibility of existing equipment controls, pumps, valves and fittings or other equipment/materials that is not replaced during a job installation and that Customer agrees to keep in place. In the event that the system fails to operate properly, the Warranty service will only cover the newly installed equipment, controls, or materials, as well as our workmanship. In the event that an existing piece of equipment prevents the proper start up or operation of the new equipment or system, Customer assumes all responsibility for any additional service charges that may be incurred.
11. Delivery and Shipping.
Seller will deliver the Products within a reasonable time after receiving Customer’s purchase order, subject to their availability. The delivery date provided by Seller for the Products is only an estimate and is based upon prompt receipt of all necessary information from customer. If Customer causes Seller to delay shipment or completion of the Products, Seller will be entitled to any and all extra costs and expenses resulting from the delay. Seller will not be liable for any delays, loss, or damage in transit, and failure to deliver within the time estimated will not be a material breach of contract on Seller’s part.
12. Existing Line Set. Seller is not responsible for any problems with heating or cooling due to the existing line set, which may require repair and replacement for an additional cost to the Customer. Should Customer reject Seller’s recommendation to replace an existing line set, Seller’s limited warranty is voided.
13. Existing Gas Pipe. Seller is not responsible for the condition of any existing gas pipe that is not readily accessible. Customer is responsible for any additional costs incurred if pressure testing is required to identify leaks and necessary repairs.
14. Paint, Patchwork, and Repairs. Seller is not responsible for any painting, patchwork, drywall or repair work that may be required following modification/installation work.
15. Personal Property. Seller is not responsible for damage to Customer’s personal property left in or near the project area.
16. Walls, hallway and Stairs In the event Customer’s existing stairs and walls cannot be safely utilized for the removal and installation of equipment, an alternate method or access may be required. Seller is not responsible for (a) the replacement or repair of steps, scratches on walls or stairs to complete removal of equipment or installation work; and/or (b) any property damage resulting from the removal or installation of the equipment.
17. Mold. Seller shall not be responsible for any claims, damages, actions, costs, or other liabilities, whether direct or indirect, that may be caused by, resulting from, or relating to, mold. The discovery and/or removal or any mold or any hazardous materials is excluded from the scope of Seller’s work, and Seller reserves the right to stop work until such mold or hazardous materials are removed.
18. Insurance and Waiver of Subrogation. Customer shall maintain property insurance upon the entire structure including all work to be performed pursuant to this Agreement to the full insurable value thereof. This insurance shall inure against the perils of fire, theft, extended coverage, vandalism, and malicious mischief. Customer and Seller waive all rights against each other for damages caused by insured perils whether or not such damage is caused by the fault or negligence of any party hereto
19. Indemnification. Customer shall indemnify, defend, and hold harmless Seller and its respective directors, officers, employees, agents, sureties, subcontractors, and suppliers from and against any and all losses, costs, expenses, damages, injuries, claims, demands, obligations, liabilities, judgments, fines, penalties, interest and causes of action, including without limitation administrative and legal costs and reasonable attorney’s fees, involving the following: (a) injury or death to any person, or damage to or destruction of any property (including loss of use thereof), except to the extent caused by the sole negligence or intentional misconduct of Seller; and (b) any failure of the Customer to comply with the requirements of the Agreement.
20. Risk of Loss. Risk of loss shall pass to the Customer upon delivery of materials and equipment to Customer’s Property. Seller shall not be responsible for any loss due to fire, theft, vandalism, and/or malicious mischief once delivered to Customer’s Property. Customer shall assume all responsibility for any such loss and Customer shall maintain insurance coverage to protect against such loss.
21. Severability. Should any part of this Agreement be adjudged to be void, unenforceable, or contrary to public policy, only such void or unenforceable portion shall be stricken and eliminated hereof while the other portions remain valid and enforceable.
22. Performance. If Customer fails to perform any of Customer’s obligations herein or if Seller, in good faith, believes that the prospect of payment or performance to be impaired, Seller may upon seven (7) days written notice to Customer terminate this Agreement while retaining all mechanic’s lien rights as well as right to payment for the full amount of work performed plus reasonable overhead and profit, interest, attorneys’ fees, and other charges due and unpaid.
23. Collections. If amounts owing under this Agreement are not paid within thirty (30) days, Customer agrees to pay a late charge on any outstanding balance at two per cent (2%) per month or twenty-four per cent (24%) per annum on the unpaid amount calculated from the date payment was due. Customer will be deemed to have accepted Seller’s performance as complete under this Agreement unless Customer notified Seller in writing otherwise within thirty (30) days of substantial completion. Should Seller retain the assistance of a third party, including without limitation an attorney, to assist with collection of unpaid amounts due and owing, Customer agrees to pay Seller’s costs associated therewith including without limitation reasonable attorneys’ fees, court costs, and interest at the maximum legal rate.
24. Entire Agreement. This Agreement constitutes the entire agreement between Customer and Seller. No agreements, representations, or warranties other than those specifically set forth herein shall be binding on any of the parties unless set forth in writing and signed by both parties.